The purpose of the strategic direction is to guide administration in creating organizational change, operational strategy, and work plans to enable the CAEP to lead change as we adapt to current circumstances and regional needs of its membership.
Areas of Focus
When we take a close look at the needs of our members and our strengths and capabilities as a Partnership, we believe that we are bested positioned to empower Central Alberta communities by:
We are catalysts for collaborative, community-minded relationships focused on advancing sustainable, regional development.
- We seek out and nurture relationships with municipalities, institutions, business, associations, and individuals with a passion for and commitment to economic development.
- We foster relationships around the values of our organization and in the interest of delivering our mission and working toward our vision.
- We create networking opportunities that cultivate connections and enable collaboration between municipalities, institutions, associations, and businesses.
Knowledge-sharing and Resources
We create, share, and foster knowledge-sharing and the use of economic development tools to ensure communities are enabled and supported to advance innovative practices and prosperity.
- We engage thought leaders to share their knowledge, experience, and stories with our members.
- We foster a community of practice for economic development professionals to engage and learn from one another.
- We work with Alberta’s community of Regional Economic Development Alliances to identity, test, and adopt effective tools, technologies, and practices that support economic development.
- We deliver a Community Economic Indicators Report and a Community Investment Readiness evaluation process to strengthen Central Alberta communities’ economic development opportunities.
We create learning and training opportunities, lead research, and identify regional trends that enable communities, including their economic development professionals, to identify, pursue, and achieve economic development opportunities.
- We develop, identify, and deliver training opportunities, with a focus on business attraction, retention, and expansion as well as succession planning.
- We coordinate research that has the potential to inform and enable our communities to identify and pursue economic development opportunities.
- We create opportunities to identify regional trends and challenges to inform decision-making.
Reflecting regional interests
We work to understand and reflect the collective and unique interests of our region and communities, sharing, promoting, and actively representing our opportunities, successes, and desired outcomes.
- We share a common purpose and work together to accurately and actively position our region for its strengths, merits, and opportunities.
- We are the go-to source and authority for information and advice, to share challenges, successes, and best practices, and to work in pursuit of innovative and rewarding opportunities.
- We are an active conduit to share and showcase opportunities, innovation, and achievements between all levels of government, institutions, businesses, and professional associations
- We are a regional voice and actively reflect and advocate for the interests of our region with provincial and federal representatives and decision-makers.